Started Lesson 3 of Who Is God? And Can I Know Him?
Continuing praying for the World using Operation World guides
Christmas Card Prayer Ministry
- Age of Discovery - we are working through a unit on Explorers to get us ready to start American History. So far we have learned about Dias,Vasco de Gama, Columbus and John Cabot. Explorers Who Got Lost by Diane Sansevere-Dreher will be the "spine" for us for this unit. N has been reading selected assignments from Mystery of History III as we work through this so he can also know other things going on around the world during this time. The Giver has read Where Do You Think You're Going, Christopher Columbus? by Jean Fritz. I read Columbus by Ingri and Edgar D'Aulaire to Preacher Man. He really enjoyed the drawings in this one! And I found it at 2nd and Charles for only $1.40 (can you believe that?) To go along with his unit I am using the Hands on History: Explorers pages that I got through Scholastic Teacher Express Dollar Days sale.
|Christopher Columbus - This is Your Life? Kids had to each pick 2 events from his life and draw and write. I wrote for Preacher Man from his words.|
|Dias and de Gama - mapping and narrating what we learned.|
- Read Aloud - Pedro's Journal
- Chemistry - I had a doctor appointment this week - just my annual exam but I was also having all the medical stuff done for out adoption. My doctor was delivering a baby this morning so the appointment lasted a while. Tony did a few sections of Chemistry with the boys while I was gone.
- Meet the Masters Lesson 5: Pablo Picasso. This is not my favorite style of art, but I enjoyed learning more about his life and all three boys enjoyed the art project. I was quite impressed with the effort N put into it, since he usually doesn't enjoy art at all!
- Five lessons in Math Mammoth - he should finish this in the middle of next week!
- Phonetic Zoo - 100 on test
- IEW -Working on an essay about Renaissance artists
- Easy Grammar - 4 pages - He is done!
- Six lessons in Right Start D - we have about 6 lessons to go, but it looks like I can combine a few and we can finish next week!
- Phonetic Zoo - 93 on test
- IEW - working on a variation of Rumplestiltskin
- Easy Grammar - 8 pages - we should finish next week!
- 4 lessons in RightStart A, one on volume of liquids which we had fun with lots of glasses and blue water!
- Practicing Reading everyday!
- Making sentences - while I was at the doctor I handed him an old magazine and told him to look for words that he knew and to cut them out. Then he was to build sentences with his words. Hhere is what he came up with:
|That little pic after "the" is a recycling symbol - Preacher Man said it meant Recycling center|
I am so glad that we are almost done. We will finish most subjects next week and then will continue working through our Explorers unit, along with finishing up Meet the Masters and Inquiry in Action lessons.