- This week we continued on in our Bible Study in the miracles and life of Jesus.
- We continued on in our Christmas Card ministry, praying for the World, using Operation World and added Praying for the Horn (the horn of Africa).
- In Mystery of History we learned about Dante and The Divine Comedy, The Aztecs, The Hundred Years' War, The Black Death.
- 2 new posts in English from the Roots Up
- We worked on Apologia Botany.
- Completed our last lesson in La Clasa Divertida Level 1.
- Read MacBeth from Lamb's Shakespeare
- Started Parcel of Patterns for our read aloud
- Completed 4 lessons in Math Mammoth 6
- Completed Science portion of Spectrum Test Prep 6 (SATs next week!)
- 10 pages of Easy Grammar
- Reading In Freedom's Cause by Henty
- Phonetic Zoo spelling 100
- Guitar practice daily
- IEW Medieval lesson
- completed 4 lessons in RightStart D
- 8 pages of Easy Grammar
- Reading a book about David Livingstone
- Phonetic Zoo spelling 85
- IEW Fables, Myths and Fairy Tales lesson
- completed 2 math lassons in RightStart A.
- Completed 2 lessons in IEW PAL
- Started AAS Level 1
- Worked on butterflies vs moths Venn diagram, made a butterfly lifecycle
Friday we had a field trip to the Southern Environmental Center and Ecogarden on the Campus of Birmingham Southern. It was a great field trip and we enjoyed it very much.
We are really close to finishing up our school year. We only have 3 more weeks of Mystery of History lessons, though I'm planning a unit on Explorers when we finish that to get us ready for American history for next year.
I'm been spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to research American History programs since Mystery of History doesn't cover American and that is what we need to do next. I've eliminated quite a few programs but still haven't narrowed it down to 1. It's really looking like I might have to do a separate program for N and have The Giver and Preacher Man do one together. I'm struggling with this but I think it's just going to have to be this way to meet everyone's needs.