We did morning Bible Study using these guides from Brookhills. We have really been enjoying this. We also using this prayer schedule to help us pray for the entire world in a year!
We completed Week 15 of Mystery of History Volume 2. We learned about Iceland, the Maori of New Zealand and the Great Zimbabwe of Africa. No pictures.
We finished Beorn the Proud as a Read Aloud. It was very enjoyable. The plot was interesting, while remaining realistic. The characters were well developed and I developed a fondness for Ness and Beorn. N and The Giver enjoyed it though Z found it a little hard to listen to. (He still really enjoys pictures!) I'm also counting this as a book read for my 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge.
We read Medieval Feast by Aliki. The pictures in this book were very detailed and quite interesting. Z really enjoyed looking at the pictures (enough so that he asked me why I haven't taught him to draw like this?! Ha - I'm still trying to get him to hold his pencil correctly and form his letters!) We were able to see how the serfs lives compared to the wealthy in this book and it opened the door for some additional conversation there. Definetly glad I got this one!
We are working on the Love Chapter, I Corinthians 13, as memory work. N and "The Giver" continue to work on the Emily Dickinson poetry and their preposition lists.
N - 6th grade
- completed 5 lessons of Math Mammoth 6. This week we had to do some ratios and scaling for maps, which he definetly finds difficult. He had several really long lessons this week.
- He completed 10 pages of Easy Grammar, including Proper Nouns compared to common nouns. I'm fairly certain he "knows" this info, but he rarely applies it to his writing! He can write a whole paragraphy and have no capitals and no punctuation...sigh.....
- Made a 103 on his Greek/Latin word roots test!
- Has read 8 chapters in a Genghis Kahn book while continuing to work on his Romans, Reformers and Revolutionaries history.
- Completed a 3 paragraph paper on The Black Death (IEW Medieval Writing) that he has been working on for 2 weeks.