Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Italian Beef Sandwiches with Squash & Corn Casserole

Tonight I made Italian Beef sandwiches and Squash and Corn Casserole.

Italian Beef Sandwiches:
I don't actually ever measure anything, and I use a smaller roast but here is the actual recipe:
5 lb rump roast, trimmed of fat
6 beef bouillon cubes
3 cups boiling water
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano
1 can beer
1/2 to 1 jar pepperonici peppers

Place roast in crock pot. Add bouillon to boiling water. When dissolved pour over roast. Mix in seasonings and add in can of beer. Cook 5-6 hours until done. A larger roast may require more time! About 30 minutes before you plan to eat, add the peppers, otherwise they will be too mushy! Serve over crusty bread or sandwich rolls!

I recently found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ I was looking for ways to use squash that my picky hubby might enjoy. This one calls for cheese, but I omitted it as he doesn't like cheese. I then added a little to the top on half of it for myself!

The recipe can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Yellow-Squash-and-Corn-Casserole/Detail.aspx

I will note that, as usual, I didn't really measure anything. I did substitue Oatmeal pancake mix for the biscuit baking mix, b/c that is all I had. This was very good! I will definetly make it again!

No comments: